Po-Hi Chorale & Jazz Choir Auditions
Wednesday, May 4 from 4:15-6:30
Friday, May 6 from 4:15-6:30
- Any 2016-2017 Po-Hi student is eligible to audition
- Auditions take place in the Choir Room F103
- Auditions will be blind, meaning the judges will not see the auditionee or know the names of any singer until the selection process is finished.
- Arrive warmed up and prepared to sing your best
- Prepare to sing "America" a capella with the starting note given. You do not need to memorize "America." Download the sheet music. Download/listen to the practice track.
- Pitch memory. Auditionees will listen to a sequence of 3 or 4 notes played on the piano. These should be sung back in the order played, using a neutral syllable.
- Sight-Reading. Auditionees will sing a short 8-measure sight-reading example in C, F, or G.
- Vocalization: Auditionees will vocalize to assess vocal range.
- Choose one audition day and arrive at Room F103 between 4:15 and 6:30.
- Sign-in with the room monitor. The room monitor will give you an audition sheet to fill out. This will be given to the judges. Please do not put your name anywhere on the sheet.
- The room monitor will escort you into the audition room. Do not announce your name at any time.
- When your audition is finished the judges will say, "Thank you for auditioning today." At this time, exit the audition room.